What this means for you, the user, is that you do not need to download the APK file from the site to use these applications in the manner I intended. You can now, with the help of Chrome on your Android device, add a shortcut directly to your home screen. It will look and feel exactly the same as the mobile applications I recently posted, but in a more sustainable and reasonable manner. If you are a user of one of my online applications, but were hesitant to install the unsigned applications from my site, you have a solution.If you are interested in doing this with StorURL or my new Bike Management tool, you can follow this simple procedure:
- Open Chrome on your Android device and navigate to the site.
- Click on the application menu in the top right corner.
- Choose Add to Home screen from the menu
- Give your new app a name. The defaults should be sufficient, but if you want to change it, feel free to do so.
- Close Chrome and launch the app from your new home screen icon.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them here or tweet me.